Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Stitchin' Wednesday - Spring Flowers!

I'm excited to say I have a weekly feature with Homespun Crafters on facebook! Their page is dedicated to reusing and re-purposing items in your home to be useful or beautiful again.  My feature will be each Wednesday featuring stitched items.

With spring on it's way (it's not here yet and I have the pictures to prove it) I'm in the late stages of cabin fever. I needed something to satisfy my desire for spring color.  I'm not an overly creative person; I have a hard time coming up with original ideas so I took to google.

I have a bunch of fat quarter fabric samples I purchased a while back to use for a project and had several quarters left when I had finished.  The fabric is really pretty and speaks to my inner hippie (the line of fabric is called "bohemian soul"). I found a great project idea and tutorial through google on this blog.  It's long stemmed fabric flowers!  They only require a bit of fabric, your sewing machine, hot glue and some sticks.  I happened to have some floral stems from a time I made some knit roses so I used those.






I used different shapes, not just a scallop.  The pink one reminds me of a tulip which reminds me of spring time growing up in Michigan.  I bound them together with additional scrap fabric and a bit more hot glue.








They should certainly brighten up our nook and perhaps even suppress my cabin fever for a short time!

3 comments:

  1. Great job Heather! They are super cute! You know what I think if you put them in one of those old rootbeer bottles it would make the colors really pop! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! We have lots of brown bottles hanging around the garage!

      Delete