Thursday, April 11, 2013

April ice showers..?

I've always known April showers to bring May flowers but I can't say those showers are typically freezing rain.  Leave it to Kansas to teach me something new.  Tuesday I left for work at 6:00am (as I usually do) and it was a balmy 68 degrees outside.  When I left work for home at approximately 1:30pm it was 45 degrees with and icy wind.  Did I mention I wore Chacos and a t-shirt to work?  I was obviously not impressed.

As I went to bed that night it was thunder storming.  When I woke up Wednesday morning everything was covered in a nice layer of ice.   I then had to venture to work 30 miles away.  Don't worry, mom, I made it safely.


It was cold all day Wednesday and the ice stayed put.  As the sun was rising the warm glow really made the ice and whatever was underneath look so beautiful.  I had to sneak outside while the kids ate breakfast and snap a few quick photos.

Now the ice has all but melted in the warm sun and hopefully that is the last we will see of winter until next year.








No comments:

Post a Comment