Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The mountains, a wedding, and a bathtub full of beer.

So I made it to Estes Park!  The ride up was great, as the folks that picked me up were a fun crew.  I was able to see a few good friends and meet some new ones.  Josh met me in Estes on Saturday a few hours before the wedding. We both decided that being in the mountains with perfect weather and some good friends made us quite home sick.  Neither of us are from there but we miss it tremendously.
How could you not love this?
 Upon each persons arrival they were greeted with a delicious beer!  The brides uncle home brewed a ton of great options for the entire weekend!  The cooler was a bathtub in the pavilion where most of the festivities took place.
Or this?  A bathtub full of home brew!
 Josh and I really are an attractive couple, don't you agree?  The rocks behind us are the foundation/walls of the old lodge we stayed in!  It was built in like 1927 I think and is on the national historic register!  I didn't get a photo of it myself but I did find a photo of it on the internet.
His tie matches my dress!

Mountain Side lodge at YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park
The ceremony was very unique and very personal to the couple and their families.  They did a warming of the rings before they were exchanged.  I had never seen that before and quite liked it.  Also they had each set of parents welcome one of the couple to their family.  I thought that was wonderful because it really is a bonding of family as well and it's great to have them included.  Certainly things to consider for out yet to be planned ceremony!

Happily Married
After a quick weekend back at a higher altitude we made a quick drive over trail ridge road to visit some friends from where we used to live.  Then it was back down the mountain and across the nothingness that is eastern Colorado and western Kansas, back home to the prairie.

No comments:

Post a Comment