Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cue the Curtains

Last week I didn't post because there was no progress to post about.  The Olympics opened and that is a pretty bit deal at our house.  We even hosted a tea party for the occasion.   Very little tea was consumed but the scones were a big hit!

This week(end) however there has been great progress in making this house a home.  For one we hung curtains in our bedroom.  After a small mistake with curtain length in the living room (I didn't know that if the store didn't have the length you wanted you could order it) we got it oh so right in the bedroom!
Floor to ceiling, baby!
We also sucked it up and ordered the second sham ($27 a piece!) as well as a light fill down alternative comforter in which to fill our cover.  It's looking more complete each weekend!
   
Bedding to last a lifetime!  Or at least it better!
Josh also spent a lot of time this week cleaning out the spare room!  To my great surprise it didn't all end up in the spare room's closet!  He even set up a work space for me, and I'm actually, for the first time, writing this post from the house itself!
We're going for minimalistic.
Since there isn't much for me to do this weekend I was able to apply one of the two bumper sticker I got while on our Pure Michigan vacation.  I'm not sure my fellow Kansans will really get it but I feel proud to represent the great state of Michigan!
You just can't do that with the shape of Kansas.
Hopefully soon I'll have more paint transformations (dining room, hall and spare room), as well as some personally created art work.  Our walls are so blank!

No comments:

Post a Comment