Monday, September 10, 2012

Kansas State Fair!

The Kansas State Fair is a big deal!  At least for me it is.  Michigan doesn't have anything like it.  To make it even more exciting this year, I entered some photos and my brother Zach came to visit.  So needless to say I was giddy.  

Sadly I don't have any pics with my brother as we ditched my camera at the car after see how my photos did so he has pics of us together, but I assure you he was there with us!  

As I mentioned I entered photos in the fair for the first time.  I had entered things in the county fair in Michigan in grade school but that was a long time ago and the state fair is pretty tough competition.  I knew my chances of getting a ribbon were slim but I had hopes!  I entered in four separate categories and much to my surprise I ribboned in two of them! Not just any ribbon either, a BLUE ribbon!  So I have two of the best photos in the entire state of Kansas therefore making me one of the best amateur photographers in the state!  Yes, my ego has been stroked.  
Portrait entry

Nature: Mountains or Waterfalls
Josh was excited to check out the bunnies because his lieutenant at the station had told him all about this 22lb rabbit his girls were entering in the fair.  We searched the building for it and found it.  Awesomely it had also won a blue ribbon for it's breed as well as grand champion.
Josh, clearly excited.
Keeping with tradition I had to have my photo taken with the very best scarecrow in Kansas.  To assure you that it's a tradition I included the last few years.  I seem to have lost 2010's picture but at least you get the idea.
2012
2011
2009
We did a few things around the house too, that Zach helped with but I'll save those pictures for another post.  The State Fair trumps home improvement any day.  Heck, I might have more fair photos later too since it's still going on for 6 more days!


No comments:

Post a Comment