Thursday, September 12, 2013

Kansas State Fair - 100th Year!

I know this isn't the post you all were hoping for, but after a nine day vacation and going straight back to work, I haven't had time or energy to sort through and edit any of our Portland vacation pictures.  That will come this weekend.

In the meantime, the State Fair is town and it is celebrating it's 100th birthday!  Sadly I was too lazy and uninspired to enter any photos this year so I have no news there.  I did however get my yearly photo with the best scarecrow in Kansas.

Bardo the Clown

This is Bardo the Clown.  I don't know much about Bardo but I know he was a much loved character for this area.  He was an artist and painted many signs and garbage barrels at the state fair grounds.  He lived on the grounds for many decades.  In January he past away, which was a huge bummer for the community since he wouldn't be able to see the 100th state fair.  He lives on in this grand champion scarecrow though!

If you want to relive the last several scarecrows click here to see last years post.


No comments:

Post a Comment