Friday, November 23, 2012

Our Garage: Official Man Cave

On halloween Josh asked me if we could get something.  Something a friend of his had.  He even took me to his house to show it to me.  He said he almost bought one without me but thought he'd better ask his wife first.

He wanted to turn out beer fridge into a kegerator.

I'm not sure why he thought I'd say no.  He had his speech to convince me ready, like a kid convincing their parents they really would take care of a puppy (he had a speech for that too). I listened of course, and after much (fake) deliberation I said yes.  Moments later it was ordered and set to arrive Tuesday.

It arrived on time but Josh was on duty so he had to wait.  When he arrived home on Wednesday the first thing he did was tear open that box and install the kit.  I wasn't here to witness it but I think I know him well enough to know thats totally what he did.

By the time I arrived home Josh had even secured us a keg of my favorite fall beer, New Belgium's 1554.  He says it was an act of god how we got it.  Long story short, it was the very last keg in the warehouse and the man that owns the distributing company in these parts personally delivered it to us.  Much to my surprise Josh even waited for my arrival to pour the first pints.  Oh how delicious it was.

And still is, because we now have beer on tap in our garage!

Our first pint!


Representing three states in one glass.


Mmm, 1554



No comments:

Post a Comment