Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Taking a Break

This past weekend we took a break from house things and made the journey back to the big woods - Michigan!  It had been a year and a half since Josh had last visited so it was nice to have him back in my homeland.


The trip was to show Josh where we'd be getting married, deal with some wedding stuff and then relax!  We flew in Thursday early afternoon and by Friday night we had picked up my dress - no Josh still hasn't seen it, met with the caterer, had a hair and make up run through, spoken with the planner, and had a bridal shower!


Saturday we made a drive to Scottville to visit a cool shop called the Wolf's Den.  It's a huge log cabin full of home decor and knick knacks that you'd find in, yes, a log cabin.  We spent some cash there for a wooded duck, a wooden squirrel, and 2 reclaimed barn wood picture frames.  Of course I didn't get photos of those and left it all in MI since we flew.  After visiting this store we made it our mission to visit 'overpriced home good stores' during the rest of our visit.

Radical steel door wall/fence on the way to Scottville.
Sunday we went to Traverse City.  My parents wanted to take us para-sailing.  We arrived before noon and booked our tour but had some time to spare.  We grabbed a quick lunch and then rented some jet skis.  Josh had never ever been on one and I'd only been once before so it was pretty new to both of us.  We only had them for an hour which wasn't long enough!  Our next big purchase, we've decided, will be jet skis (well, in a perfect world)!  Next we swam in the bay and sunbathed until our para sail tour.  It was so beautiful and peaceful up there!  If you are ever in the area I highly recommend going!  Check these guys out!  To make a great day even better I was able to see one of my best friends, her husband, and their baby!  I hadn't seen them since their wedding and the baby didn't even exist then! 
Way up there!


Monday we had to head home and as we all know, going back always feels good but sucks at the same time.  I tried to convince Josh to let us stay a few more days and he wouldn't have it.  Something about having just bought a house and needed to keep his job to pay for it...




PS - I apologize for the lack of photos.  I was waiting for some from my mom but she's been too busy and I didn't want to get behind on posts.
The backyard where I spent many many hours hiding out.


Sunset beyond a stand of Quaking Aspen.


Michigan Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment