Monday, June 25, 2012

Not quite a home.

This past weekend Josh had to work Friday and Sunday so that only left us Saturday to do anything around the house and luckily it wasn't much.  We worked on organizing the kitchen and the spare room, moving to the basement things that we don't use much or won't need until winter. This left me some time to get to baking to fill the plate the neighbor left us and we needed to return.  Josh and I settled on some recipe from the Gourmet magazine that was published in 1943.  I can't remember what it was called but it was basically a oatmeal biscuit cookie that you put jam on.  We chose a blackberry and raspberry jam.  Sadly I missed taking a photo of these but I didn't care for them anyway so no real loss.  But, while I was mixing away the door bell rang and there stands the neighbor with two beautiful cupcakes!  Pina colada  flavored!  They were sooo good I felt bad my cookies weren't going to live up to her cupcakes.


Banana strawberry cake with a lemon pineapple frosting. Amazing.

Yes, we have our furniture now!  And it's HUGE!  We didn't measure because Josh assured me it would fit, and it does, only in the configuration it's in.  I would be sad if it wasn't so awesomely comfy. Josh has a friend that is 6'5" and can lay down on the couch and not have his head or his feet touch the arm rests.  The chair is like half the length of the couch.  It's big.  Also please don't judge the quality of photos, these are the only ones in this post I'm really not proud of.



Sunday since Josh was working I was able to sleep late and play some Mario Kart!  I also wanted to surprise Josh by finally scrubbing all the leftover grout from the tile in the kitchen and nook. We just hadn't gotten around to it and neither of us really wanted to do it.  So I did it.  And it wasn't fun but the floor now looks amazing.  And Josh was seriously blown away that I had done it.  It was definitely a surprise.

CLEAN TILE!
I noticed in the last blog I didn't include actual photos of our little kitchen so here are those.



I also took some better shots of the actual house.  You'd never guess by the front view we have a full attic with potential for a master suite and a full unfinished basement with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom and living space in addition to the 2 bedrooms 1 bath and such upstairs!  It's a pretty big little house!

Front View

Rear View

While in the back yard to take the previous picture I saw we have a beautiful flowering bush and it's in full bloom.  I'll leave you with these pictures! 





2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love your house! It reminds me a little of the Matthews' house on "Boy Meets World." Does your neighbor happened to be named Mr. Feeney? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks! I don't happen to know the neighbors last name, but it could very well be Feeney. I'll update you when I find out!

    ReplyDelete